GreenCollar is currently looking for a full time Senior Remote Sensing Specialist. This person will report to the Technical Services Team Leader.
The location for the role is Sydney, however the position could be performed remotely from anywhere in Australia for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Work independently, and as a member of a team of scientific and technical staff and contribute to the team and the business unit’s day to day operations, functioning and culture.
- Apply GIS and remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve geospatial problems for projects involving natural resources.
- Responsible for the spatial design and monitoring of Carbon and other Ecosystem Services projects at different scales and across a variety of landscapes in compliance with legislative requirements
- Responsible for the interpretation of satellite imagery and remote sensing datasets to the highest level to ensure data integrity is well-managed and interpreted
- Responsible for the development and coordination of technical due diligence and feasibility assessments of existing projects, and new projects when required.
- Responsible for maintaining internal documentation on the use of spatial information.
- Responsible for creation of mathematical and computational models to simulate and analyze remote sensing data and phenomena.
- Assist with research and development of the spatial design for new or improved methods for mapping and monitoring landscape attributes, including land cover and vegetation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in remote sensing, geospatial science, GIS or physical science or similar with specific coursework or relevant work experience in remote sensing, image processing
- Professional knowledge of the theories, principles, concepts, practices, standards, and methods of remote sensing
- A solid understanding of new and revised legislative and regulatory changes that impact existing and emerging project portfolios.
- Expert knowledge and application of LiDAR/Point Cloud processing, ESRI or other GIS software, 3D modelling.
- Expert knowledge with image analysis tools such as ENVI version 5 or higher and/or SNAP
- Proficiency with programming languages such as SQL, R or Python
- Experience in landscape mapping and monitoring using remote sensing is essential.
- The ability to translate data to meaningful information for reporting or analytical purposes.
- Ability to work with and guide a team of technical specialists.
- Be a reliable team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong communication skills
- A positive and approachable work attitude.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, having the ability to prioritise workload and adapting to revised deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
At GreenCollar, you’ll enjoy great benefits to support you at work. To give you some insight, this is some of what you can expect when you join the GreenCollar team!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work.
- 25 days paid leave annually
- Paid parental leave
- Our Employee Assistance Program Uprise provides a holistic approach to mental and physical wellbeing whilst also providing free counselling services for each incident that our Team Members face
- Regular social activities and events both in person and online