In-house Projects Lawyer
In-house Projects Lawyer
- Based in Western Australia
- For purpose environmental organisation
- Working in uncharted legal territory
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable property and projects lawyer to join our expanding in-house legal team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, this is a busy and diverse role within a team that provides full in-house legal services across a dynamic and rapidly expanding business. You will focus on project related commercial and transactional matters and apply your experience in property and commercial law to drafting a wide variety of legal documents and handling and resolving a wide variety of legal issues. The in-house role requires an ability to be flexible and available to work across all streams of legal work at varying levels of complexity subject to client demands, expertise and priorities.
This unique role will provide opportunities to navigate uncharted legal territory in emerging environmental markets. You will be helping to shape the future of how the law will exist in this space.
More about the role:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements.
- Managing transactions from end to end.
- Advising in relation to a variety of property related matters across all tenure types including various aspects of natural resource management, mining, native title and heritage as well as preparation and registration of land titles documentation across Australian jurisdictions.
- Advising in relation to general commercial transactional matters.
- Providing legal support to transactional negotiations across the business.
- Assisting with broader corporate and commercial matters as directed by Chief Legal Counsel, Company Secretary, Chief Operating Officer or CEO.
- Assisting client teams to manage external legal providers.
- Solicitor admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction with solid post admission experience in a relevant area.
- Excellent drafting, research, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Extensive experience in property, commercial transactions, projects and other relevant areas.
- Demonstrated ability to draft a wide variety of legal documents and resolve legal issues.
- Solution focussed approach with sound judgement skills and commercial acumen.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex legal issues to non-lawyers.
- Excellent practice management skills, including time management, the ability to work; autonomously, and to provide regular and proactive updates of legal activities to your line manager and Executives as needed.
- Building productive working relationships across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and to contribute effectively in a team environment in order to provide quality and timely client service.
- Hold yourself and others accountable to the highest of moral and ethical standards
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve by implementing sustainable solutions
- Curious and courageous in uncharted territory
- Values working collaboratively and inclusively to deliver collective impact
- Uses intellect and street smarts to think ahead, evolve ideas and push boundaries
- Down to earth, purposeful and humble in your approach