Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Permanent full time
We are currently seeking a highly experienced commercially minded Business Development Manager to join the GreenCollar team. Reporting directly to the Director Business Development the successful candidate will work closely with this position to ensure successful execution of GreenCollar’s corporate & commercial strategy. Your clients will include landholders, graziers, Indigenous organisations, lawyers, accountants, financial institutions, NRM representatives and other stakeholders. Your core competency will be business development, negotiation and project completion.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Develop Carbon Project Pipeline plans in targeted regions, in collaboration with the Senior BDM.
- Work collaboratively with the Carbon BD Analyst to Identify, seek out and source eligible Emissions Reduction Fund project (ERF Projects) opportunities.
- Work closely with team members, such as the Carbon BD Analyst and Senior BDM to secure agreements whether initial services agreements and/or project development agreements to assess and implement ERF projects.
- Lead project development and design, through to working with Senior BDM to negotiate and close agreement.
- Responsible for ensuring Opportunities are updated on the Salesforce CRM system.
- Lead, with support from the Senior BDM and the Carbon BD Analyst in negotiating and securing candidate properties for initial carbon assessment, project design and project implementation
- Responsible for attending meetings with potential Landholders and relevant stakeholders required in the project development process
- Oversee the Analyst to ensure GreenCollar Partnerships, GIS, Corporate Counsel and other functions are provide all relevant legal and technical documentation to potential Landholders, accurately, informatively and promptly
- Together with Analyst investigate new project or market opportunities that GreenCollar is not currently participating in
- Work with banks, accountants and other service providers to secure project development, consents etc. or any other steps required to secure project implementation
- Conduct presentations on relevant ERF Methods, project opportunities and workshops when required
- Responsible for community engagement on ERF project related matters and opportunities
- Manage landholder and client queries, providing product and project advice where appropriate to GCS and GreenCollar
Required Skills and Experience
- Regular and frequent travel
- Working remotely
- Primary responsibility for executing Project development in state
- Working collaboratively with the Carbon BD Analyst
- Managing many diverse leads and projects in differing stages of development
- Working with a diverse range of stakeholders on complex and diverse issues (lawyers, accountants, graziers, landholders, NRM groups etc.)
- Responsibility for deal negotiation and project development
- Strong understanding of Commonwealth Emissions Reduction Fund and state vegetation laws and policies.
- Tertiary degree in agriculture, environmental science and/or commerce or economics
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Experience in negotiation and building commercial relationships will be looked upon favourably.
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and have a mature approach
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Exceptional negotiating and project development skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in Indigenous engagement
- You must be well accustomed or willing to learn all relevant ERF Methods that the GreenCollar Group will provide as a standard product offering: Human Induced Regeneration Method, Avoided Deforestation Method, Soil Carbon Default Values Method, Herd Management Method and others which may come online.
- Interest or Experience in landscape restoration and or regeneration or other vegetation-based projects or natural resource management activities.
- Knowledge of the Emissions Reduction Fund legislation and Environmental markets in general will be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of Vegetation management laws and policies relevant to the region will be beneficial but not essential.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusive workplace policy
- You will be based in a regional centre
- Willingness to travel
- Desire to learn and grow professionally and personally
- Ability to work independently, working in a project development and negotiation role – while leveraging the support of the team around you
- Demonstrated experience in corporate or commercial environment or business.
- Proven experience negotiating and/or project development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to secure transaction closure.
- Background in primary production, agriculture and natural resource management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the operation of domestic environmental markets.
- Demonstrated high level planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, written and oral, including preparation of proposals and reports.
- Demonstrated good rapport with diverse stakeholders, including landholders, graziers, accountants, lawyers, corporate clients, NRM groups etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks and display initiative.
- All applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or have a visa to work in Australia
Diversity, equity & inclusion are fundamental values held by GreenCollar and are at the core of what we do, and how we do it. Our commitment to these values is demonstrated by our certification as a B Corporation. We recognise that a diverse and varied workforce is an asset to our company and crucial to our long-term success.
GreenCollar sees diversity as a strength and reflective of the society and client-base in which we live. We are proud to have a staff and stakeholder population with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences that can be leveraged to provide the best client and employee engagement possible.