Working together to maintain and build ecosystem resilience
Work with us to deliver world-class research to environmental managers and other stakeholders for use in ecosystem services markets, land-use planning and decision-making.
The GreenCollar research team consists of diverse specialists, not generalists, who are committed to running an innovative environmental research program that focusses on improving our capacity to understand, manage and conserve biodiversity and natural resources in forestry, agricultural and rangeland settings.
Our research includes understanding how ecosystems function, monitoring their status and ecology, maintaining and building ecosystem resilience, and exploring how to better use markets to promote sustainable land use practices whilst promoting social welfare.
GreenCollar focuses on creating methodologies and markets that ensure
the environment is on the balance sheet and investment goes where it matters most.
GreenCollar’s research projects include:
- Biophysical risk assessment matrix for land sector projects
- Remote sensing to gather baseline carbon storage data
- Investigating impacts and opportunities of Carbon Farming in NSW
- Identifying market mechanisms for removal of ocean plastics
- Impact assessment of land management activities on Carbon Farming projects
- Risk assessment and projection of Carbon Farming projects under future climate scenarios
- Identifying environmental market opportunities for water quality improvements i.e. Reef Credits