As a purpose-led business we have made a commitment to:
- Engage openly with Traditional Owners and communities.
- Work to the highest standards of free, prior, and informed consent.
- Work in partnership, to understand how our projects can best align with Traditional Owner’s aspirations.
- Be transparent and share information about our projects and operations.
- Ensure care and protection of cultural assets and information.
- Double our engagement with Indigenous led businesses every year.
South Australian Conservation Alliance Site #2
GreenCollar has entered into a 25 year partnership with the Gawler Ranges Aboriginal Corporation and Nature Foundation to restore country on Hiltaba, South Australia.
Carbon farming contributing to healthy country
Engagement with Indigenous Communities
Our corporate commitments to Indigenous communities underpins everything we do including:
- Engaging with communities and Traditional Owners to raise awareness about carbon farming generally as well as about specific carbon farming opportunities.
- Incorporating Traditional Ecological Knowledge into project design, development and delivery.
- Seeking consent of Native Title holders to carbon farming projects on pastoral leases
- Co-developing carbon farming projects with Traditional Owners across various methods
- Building co-investment and climate finance opportunities for Traditional Owners and Indigenous communities
- Jobs, skills and training opportunities through support for existing and evolving programmes.
Pathways to drive climate finance directly to Indigenous Peoples, traditional owners, and local communities
GreenCollar is a facilitating partner of the Peoples Forests Partnership (PFP), an industry first coalition that aims to mobilise private investment in community-driven forest conservation and restoration projects and set a high standard for equitable, accessible and culturally appropriate mechanisms through which Indigenous Peoples, traditional owners and local communities can engage with climate finance.
Find out more.